Southern recognizing 40th anniversary of Smith-Brown murders | Events
Southern University will recognize the 40th anniversary of the Smith-Brown murders on Friday, Nov. 16.
The remembrance tribute to Denver Allen Smith and Leonard Douglas Brown will be held in the Student Center at the John B. Cade Library at 2 p.m. Reflections will be given by faculty and students present on that tragic day. Family members will also be in attendance.
Smith and Brown were shot and killed on campus during a student demonstration on Nov. 16, 1972. No one has ever been charged for the crime. Years later, the student union was named in their honor.
The public is invited to attend.
Copyright 2012 WAFB. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near EBR North
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Resale store buys and sells children's clothes
- Commission passes measure to allow zoning change for Bar Louie
- Rezoning issue leads to talk of alcohol sales at movies
- Prank causes man to fall off I-10 overpass, listed in critical condition
- Shoppers line up outside Best Buy on Thanksgiving to get early deals